Posted: 15 February, 2017
- Serve as a System Administrator resource for new infrastructure deployment across Data Center, Development, QA, Staging & Production environments.
- Provide on-site and remote troubleshooting and diagnosis of Linux servers.
- Participate in weekly rotating on-call responsibilities, providing 24/7 coverage with rotation shifts.
- Assist other departments in engineering for application deployment and release.
- Responsible for server implementation, support and JIRA ticket handling.
- Loading OS and troubleshooting server hardware/connectivity issues.
- Work with System Engineers to develop documentation standards for technical designs, Operational run-books.
- Lead in capacity planning, tuning, infrastructure planning in the data-center and define standards for the infrastructure.
- Responsible for day-to-day management of all Development, Test, Stage and Production service/application infrastructure in a growing and dynamic environment.
- 3-5 years System Administration experience with Linux.
- 2+ years DevOps focus with Ansible, Chef, or Puppet experience.
- 2+ years experience with Amazon Web Services as a platform.
- Hands on experience on CentOS/Redhat Linux enterprise system administration and troubleshooting.
- Working knowledge of apache/nginx , MySQL (Administration, Replication Management).
- Advanced experience with various Virtualization technologies like VMware, Xenserver and KVM, OpenStack, Cloudstack, AWS.
- Experience with monitoring systems like Graphite, Cacti, Nagios/Zabbix/Zenoss, Collectd, fluentd.
- Familiarity with large scale infrastructure, distributed systems, and application performance.
- Good theoretical knowledge of TCP/IP protocols.
- Experience with Docker highly preferred.
- Scripting experience, specifically with Ruby and BASH to automate workloads and routine system admin tasks.
- Well versed in internet architectures including web, application, and database components such as Apache, IIS, memcache, MySQL, SQL Server, etc.
- Experience with SANs and NAS including iSCSI, NFS and FC.
- Deep understanding of firewalls, NAT and packet filtering (specifically Iptables).
- General Networking skills required (Layer 2 & 3 switches, TCP/IP, SNMP, etc).
- Strong interpersonal communication skills and the ability to communicate with customers, vendors, partners and across all levels of the organization.
- Ability to interact, develop, engineer and communicate at the highest technical levels of organizational decision-making.
- Well organized, attentive to details and able to meet demanding deadlines.
- UG Any Graduate (Preferred BCA, BCS, B.Sc Computer Science, Diploma in Computer Science, BE, MCA, MCS).
- Certifications RHCE, MCSE, CCNA, ITIL Foundation (Certificates will be an added advantage).